Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (SUSL) succeeded in establishing the IEEE Women in Engineering chapter in the university as one of the IEEE WIE Student Branch Affinity Groups in the Sri Lanka Section on 23rd of June, 2021.
IEEE SUSL WIE Student Branch Affinity Group has action plans to do diverse activities including organizing technical workshops, webinars, charity work, promotional activities, mentorship programmes, hackathons and many other events aligning the mission of IEEE WIE focusing not only the university, but also other universities, institutes, schools etc.
Past Events of IEEE WIE Student Branch Affinity Group of SUSL includes,
- AwarenessEVE – Conducted by Windhya Rankothge
- Editing and Designing – Conducted by Dilshan Madhuranga
- coordinating and content writing – Conducted by Nivarthana Sandeepani
- SPARC SHE – Stress Management Session – Conducted by Rasini Bandara
- SPARC SHE – Cyber Safety – Conducted by Sureni Koshila